Mildly Manic Musings

Monday, April 9, 2012

Gangsta MuM

     In the wee hours of yesterday morning, my son was threatened via cell-phone by a hysterical Turk. It was a girl - related matter. The man screamed that he would come over here and: “... rape you in front of your mother. I know where you live!”
     What particularly interests me are the cultural implications of this threat. Why threaten to carry out this assault in front of the mother? What image does this young man have of a typical mum? Does he really think he can show up here and rape my 6 foot-something, well fit son in front of me while I cower under my headscarf and squeak in distress?
     I don’t doubt for a moment my son’s ability to defend himself but, given the chance, I would have this young Turk’s guts for garters, accessorized with his balls wrapped in a pretty cotton scarf.

1 comment:

  1. It's a cultural thing implying mild annoyance - better not get him mad!

    ReplyDelete